What data do we collect?
The RBZS collects the following data:
- Identity data, which includes first name, last name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Demographic and professional data which may include career status, place of employment, degrees and awards, areas of scientific study and scientific specialties, and areas of professional expertise.
- Contact data, which may include billing address, delivery address, email addresses, telephone numbers and fax number.
- Transaction data, may which include details about payments to and from members and other details of products and services, including membership, conference registration, and exhibition, that members have purchased.
- Profile data which may include user name and password, social media information, purchases made by members, survey and poll responses, participation in communities and groups and any posts, replies and other content (images, videos, sound recordings, etc.) supplied by members.
- Event participation data including registration fees and payment, presentation information, participation information, and itinerary data.
- Marketing and communications data, which may include members’ preferences in receiving marketing and other communications from the Society.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the RBZS with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online to the society.
- Participate to events organized by the society.
How will we use your data?
The RBZS collects your personal data for various purposes. Among them are:
- Membership administration including membership application and renewal
- Provision of member benefits including access to website services
- Management of subscriptions
- Communication of RBZS events, products, services, offerings, benefits and opportunities
- Product and Services customization and improvement.
When and how your personal data is shared?
The RBZS may share information about members only in the limited circumstances detailed below:
- The society may disclose information about members to its officers or other members who need to know that information in order to provide for the functions of the Society or provide services to members.
- The Society may share members’ details with the organizers or organizing committees of scientific conferences or other events that may be organized, promoted or sponsored by the Society.
How do we store your data?
Our Society securely stores your data on the Raklet cloud platform.
Personal data will be retained by RBZS only for as long as necessary or useful in order to pursue the purposes and legitimate interests of the Society and provide the expected services to its members.
What are your data protection rights?
Our society would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request RBZS for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that our Society correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request RBZS to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that RBZS erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that RBZS restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to RBZS’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that RBZS transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.